Sunday 5 April 2015

MG: Volume 1 Chapter 1


This chapter was brought to you by AnmesicCat.

Whilst sick and in bed, even after being chided by Haikai, Cat couldn't lie still and spent time translating this web novel on her phone for all you wonderful readers.

She came across this novel while in the hospital, and fell totally in love with the realism of the first chapter. However, please be reminded that this would only be a side-project; a teaser of some sort.



Title: Magi's Grandson (Kenja no Mago)
Author: Yoshioka Tsuyoshi
Raw: Syosetu

This novel was first published on January 2nd, 2015, and has a total of 49 chapters to date (April 4th, 2015). Because it's only been released recently, we cannot find any image to fit it. So if anyone has any suggestion, please feel free to tell, or show us.

Despite its recentness, this novel is ranked first overall on the quarterly charts. However, this is the author's first ever written web novel, so please cut him some slack and don't be so harsh on the criticism, alright?

Synopsis

Thanks to various magic, the human race has been saved from calamity many, many times. Retaining his memories from his previous life, a boy, Shin, was picked up by an old man known to the world as a "Magi."

Shin was brought up by the Magi, who had retired to a secular place, as his own grandson. With the memories of his past life, he absorbed the Magi's craft and grew to be able to develop his own magic.

Then, the grandfather told him he has to become independent when he reaches the age of 15.

"Ah, I forgot to teach him common sense."

The grandson who has grown beyond the level of normal people, lacked common sense; the common sense of the world. So to learn how to socialize, he goes to Earlshide Kingdom City to be admitted to Earlshide Advanced Magic Academy.


Awakening


It's cold...

It hurts...

It's painful...

These were the first impressions I felt.

When I awoke, I tried to retrace my memories before I lost my consciousness, however, it wasn't clear. After work, I went home...

Wait a minute, I don't have any memories of arriving home.

I don't remember getting drunk. Perhaps I should say I had no plans of dining out. Did I maybe encounter some kind of accident?

Although I started to think of various situations, it wasn't viable because of my painful condition.

I tried to move my body, but it wasn't responding well.

I tried opening my eyes, but that also didn't go so well.

Finally, because of the unpleasant situation, I tried to speak.

"Aa—"

!!

I was surprised of my own voice.

It was a high-pitched cry that of an infant.

I tried to speak again.

"Au, au, a—"

Because my tongue wasn't moving well, it wasn't possible to talk.

Because of uncontrollable emotions, I suddenly burst into tears.

Although it was a shameful act as an adult, I couldn't help it.

What is this?

While I was crying for a while, I heard approaching footsteps.

As I thought, it was cold and raining outside, and the footsteps I heard issued some squeaky noises.

'I'm saved.'

I thought so for a brief moment, then, I heard a voice.

"☆※◇◎□○△▽"

I couldn't understand it at all.

Falling into even further confusion, I was enveloped in a warm light, wrapped with a warm cloth, eliminating the pain I felt.

I, who felt relieved, suddenly lost my consciousness.

0 comments:

Post a Comment